Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Esterio Segura @ MOLAA Museum

    Hi I'm Sir Paul Chock,  My visit to MOLAA(Museum Of Latin American Art) was a awesome experience. I  haven't been to an art museum since 3rd grade, but going back to MOLAA as an adult was wonderful. Esterio Segura was born on August 22, 1970 in Cuba. Esterio study in Sculpture, drawing and installation.
       This drawing  is called The Conquistador drawn in 1997, water color on paper. Theirs something about Esterio Segura drawing that catches my attention. Maybe the drawing he draws and the things he draws that symbolize a meaning that catches my attention. To me the flame is the ignition of the light to show the path to a new adventure. The feather symbolize the connection of the spirit to keep you safe from evil spirits and the knife is to protect you from harms way.
       This drawing makes me think of a world full of mystical creature and demi gods. The color in the picture keeps me cool and relax. I wonder what Esterio Segura felt when he was drawing this picture back in 1997.

     This picture is called The Dragon In The Castle Ate My Most Sensitive Parts-1996, watercolor, India ink and pencil on paper. I wonder why he drew this picture and called it the dragon in the castle ate my most sensitive parts for? I felt that the dragons was symbolizing his past companion-er. The dragon biting his hand means to me that the girl was just using him for his money and his hard work.
  The dragon that biting his private part was a women that just use him for his pleasure not for his heart and love. The two dragon biting his eyes probably was a women that deceive him and was no good to him. The blood on his right was probably from a women that took his heart and that he can never love again. I think Esterio Segura was fed up with women that miss treated his love, so he took his sadness and drawn it to a nice fine piece of art.



    

      This very nice piece of art is called Energy -2001, mixed media on canvas. This piece right here make me feel some type of way like gloomy. A very sad person searching for happiness, facing himself wondering when is their going to be a spark to happiness in his life. I feel like the telephone pole is his connection to energy or his communication to keep in touch with him selves.
      This piece is my favorite out of all his drawing. I can relate to this picture, sometimes i feel like i need to communicate with others people to feel alive. I'm very glad that i got a chance to visit the museum of Latin American art, the drawing really touch me and made me feel all kinds of emotion.



No comments:

Post a Comment