Tuesday, June 3, 2014

LACMA Visit

 I chose to visit LACMA over the weekend and I came to find that there were many interesting works of art throughout the museum and each one contributed their own feeling.  The piece of art that captured my attention the most was a piece by Pablo Picasso, called Portrait of Sebastia Juner Vidal, it is an oil painting on canvas. Pablo Picasso was a very unique artist in the 20th century. He co-created such styles as Cubism and Surrealism. Pablo Picasso paintings now rank among the most expensive artwork in the world. Therefore his work shows various amounts of messages and conveys an enormous amount of feeling from each one. This particular piece grasped my attention due to the fact that it is so simply colored with various shades of blue but yet this painting exhibited the most feeling for me. The theme of this painting has a gloomy exterior at your first glance but once you really look at it you can start to read more into the emotions that portrayed not only by Picasso but as well by the subjects who are being painted. The feeling I got from this painting intentionally was loneliness, and despair, but once I really analyzed it I got a feeling of two people being content with who they are and what they are doing in the painting. This particular painting inspired me to try and think of ways to use only one or two colors but with various shades of each color in order to display a feeling that is usually accompanied with that particular color such as dark colors for sad or serious situations and bright colors for fun and free feeling situations. Therefore I chose this painting to do this blog on due to the fact that it is full of emotion and gives an excellent example of colors can be used to convey feelings.





No comments:

Post a Comment